We all know that maintaining a busy schedule, and finding time to sleep is impossible. Throw a social life into the mix, and now you’re really stretching yourself thin. You hit the snooze button a meticulous amount of times soaking in every last minute of sleep you can. 4 snoozes later you’re waking up with little time to shower, and a full day of work, errands to run, and dinner with friends. Nothing is worse than meeting up with your friends or co-workers and feeling muddled and out of place. Try these tips to trick people into thinking you have your life together.
- Gel Manicures: Yes, this option can be a bit expensive, but it’s worth it. You never know whom you are going to meet or run into. You don’t want to be shaking the hands of your potential client with chipped nails! Gel manicures last two or more weeks, and they don’t chip. Well-manicured nails can bring your whole persona together, and nothing says “I like to look good,” like manicured paws
- Dry Shampoo: Experts already say you shouldn’t wash your hair everyday, but greasy hair is not cute. Dry Shampoo is a quick fix, and it gives your hair some extra texture. You can wake up at the last second, brush it through your hair, style it, and VIOLA! You can throw the travel sized can in your purse in case of an emergency.
- Pre-made Breakfast: Mornings can be tough, and sometimes skipping breakfast and going straight for the coffee sounds like the easiest solution when you’re running late. Skipping breakfast is the worst thing you can do for your body. By your 11 a.m. meeting your energy levels will be low and you will be wishing you had a snack to munch on. Take time on Sunday to prep your breakfast for the week. Grab five sandwich bags, fill them with your favorite fruits, and freeze them. Each morning throw ice, Almond Milk, and your frozen fruit into a blender. Breakfast is served!
- A Pocket Calendar & Notebook: Too busy to remember everything that’s going on? Did your boss invite you to an important meeting last minute? Always keep a planer and a small notebook on you. Nothing says “I was prepared for this” like taking notes at a meeting you forgot you had. And nothing says I have my life together like a planner where you may or may not add all your important dates and deadlines (I suggest you do).
- Emergency Make-up Kit: Ever been driving to work, catch a glimpse in the mirror, and think to yourself, “why do I look so different today?” It could be because you forgot to put mascara on! All those free samples piling up in your make up bag don’t have to go to waste! Make yourself an emergency make up kit with all the essentials. Ideally you should have an eyeliner, mascara, lip balm, concealer, and a blush. That way if you’re ever in a pinch you have at least something to freshen up your face with. If you’re anything like me you’ll also throw in a few bobby pins and a hair tie, too.
- Shaped/Tinted Eyebrows: I am a firm believer that eyebrows can make or break your appearance. When you shape your eyebrows you are complementing your facial structure. And tinting them makes the hair darker in places where it may be patchy. Some mornings the thought of spending time filling in my eyebrows and putting my face together seems daunting. Tinting your eyebrows provides you with the alternative to shape them and skip filling them in all together.
- Abuse the Starbucks App: Nothing alludes “I wake up early, and have time to get a coffee,” like holding a fresh cup of Starbucks before your 8 AM meeting. The app lets you order, and pay for your drink ahead of time. So you can skip the long line of ambisitous early risers and still get 10 extra minutes of shut eye.
Until next time,